Monday, May 07, 2007

Rymes Measures Productivity

I have previously referenced some papers providing empirical evidence that capital-reversing and other Sraffa effects can be seen in practice.

The Cambridge Capital Controversy has other implications for applications. In particular, one should be sceptical about the Solovian framework for measuring Total Factor Productivity (TFP). One might ask how one should analyze national accounts at an aggregate level instead. I have read very little of his work, but Thomas K. Rymes has pursued a research program directed at that question. He is also apparently interested in the Post Keynesian theory of endogenous money. I provide a list of some of his papers, most of which I recently downloaded. I don't have access to the book listed below.

References

No comments: