Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Current Mentions Of Keynes In The Press

  • John Cassidy's article, "The Demand Doctor: How right was John Maynard Keynes" is in The New Yorker, 10 October 2011 (pp. 46-57).
  • Thomas Geoghegan's article "What would Keynes do?" is in The Nation, 17 October 2011 (pp. 11-17).
  • Robert Solow's article, "Working in the Dark", is a review of Sylvia Nasar's book, Grand Pursuit: The Story of Economic Genius. It is in the 28 September 2011 issue of The New Republic.
Off topic reminders to myself:

5 comments:

Greg Hill said...

You might add Nicholas Wapshott, Keynes-Hayek: The Clash that Defined Modern Economics." Not much that's new, but a good read.

Robert Vienneau said...

Thanks. I think I have a bias to over-emphasize Hayek, given my hope to be published criticizing Austrian Business Cycle Theory.

Unknown said...

I published an essay entitled "From Hayek to Keynes: G.L.S. Shackle and the Human Predicament," and am working on a play simply called "Keynes" Act III of which is entitled "The Great Debate: Keynes vs. Hayek." Would you like me to e-mail you copies of these items?

Greg Hill said...

I'm actually the "Unknown" above. Forgot to log in.

Greg

Robert Vienneau said...

Greg,

Sometime ago, I've downloaded your Critical Review piece on Shackle from your site.

Please send a copy of your play to rvien at dreamscape dot com.

Thanks.