Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Algebraic Geometry

An Introduction to Algebraic Geometry

I have been looking for fluke switch points in certain parameter spaces of coefficients for polynomial equations. Bertram Schefold has pointed out to me that I may want to look into algebraic geometry. This may be beyond me. I consider what I have been doing as exploratory mathematics, and I have been relying on numerical algorithms. I started with thinking that there is a parallel to bifurcation theory. But Barkley Rosser convinced me that I should not use that terminology without an explicit dynamic system, presumably of market prices. These two threads on Math Overflow suggest I might want to look at Bertrametti et al. Lectures on Curves, Surfaces and Projective Varieties. I need a physical book for this, I think, not just a PDF.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

https://projecteuclid.org/journals/electronic-journal-of-probability/volume-26/issue-none/Fluctuation-around-the-circular-law-for-random-matrices-with-real/10.1214/21-EJP591.full