Wednesday, September 30, 2026

A Bibliography Of Articles On Rent, Natural Resources, and the Space Economy

I have various results in examples with rent, and unsolved problems exist in the literature. Vienneau (2022) shows an example of the reswitching of the order of fertility and of the order of rentability in non-overlapping regions of the parameter space. D’Agata (1983) shows that, with intensive rent, the choice of technique can be non-unique away from switch points. Some wage curves along the frontier can slope up, and a cost-minimizing technique may not exist because of a cycle in a market algorithm. I have a well-behaved example with extensive and intensive rent. So some theorem might demarcate where intensive rent does not cause these issues. In my example, the order of fertility and of rentability are exactly opposite for some range of the rate of profits. In another reswitching example, intensive and extensive rent arise with a technology in which multiple agricultural commodities can be grown on each type of land. I would like to see a simple example of reswitching with exhaustible resources, if that makes sense

The following bibliography is not complete, but the later works are probably sufficient to locate additional earlier works. I probably should have more references for ecological economics.

No comments: