Elsewhere, on Ronald Coase:
- An obituary in the New York Times.
- John Cassidy offers an appreciation.
- Mike Konczal explains that Coase's unintentionally undermines propertarianism (sometimes called "libertarianism").
- Discussion of Coase at Crooked Timber.
- An older piece, from Deidre McCloskey, arguing that the "Coase theorem" is misleadingly named.
Past posts from me:
- The Coase Theorem does not describe market transactions.
- Elodie Bertrand shows shows Coase was mistaken about lighthouses.
- Michael Albert argues that building a law and economics approach on the Coase theorem encourages bullying and nasty behavior.
Related past posts from me: